SEIU AFRAM NATIONAL CHAPTER https://www.facebook.com/groups/SEIUAFRAM/
SEIU AFRAM WESTERN REGION AFRAM (WRAAC) https://www.facebook.com/groups/405157546742202/
SEIU AFRAM EASTERN REGION AFRAM https://www.facebook.com/afram.easternregion
SEIU AFRAM CENTRAL REGION (HCMN) https://www.facebook.com/groups/1075130145865431/
SEIU AFRAM – WISCONSIN https://www.facebook.com/afram.wi
SEIU AFRAM – UHW (CA) https://www.facebook.com/groups/SEIU.UHW.AFRAM/
SEIU AFRAM – MASSACHUSETTS https://www.facebook.com/SEIU-AFRAM-Massachusetts-661751497346778/?ref=br_rs
SEIU AFRAM 503 – OREGON https://www.facebook.com/SEIU-Local-503-AFRAM-Caucus-1100915203398052/
SEIU AFRAM 2015 https://www.facebook.com/AFRAMSEIU2015/
SEIU AFRAM – MINNESOTA https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=seiu%20afram%20mn%20chapter
SEIU AFRAM 99 https://www.facebook.com/groups/1575433549390787/
SEIU LOCAL 721 AAC https://www.seiu721.org/category/african-american-caucus
SEIU AFRAM HCPA https://www.facebook.com/groups/1690673217835562/?ref=search
SEIU LOCAL 1199NW (No designated AFRAM Facebook page) http://<iframe src=”https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FSEIUHealthcare1199NW%2Fposts%2F10157762427510681&width=500″ width=”500″ height=”590″ style=”border:none;overflow:hidden” scrolling=”no” frameborder=”0″ allowTransparency=”true” allow=”encrypted-media”></iframe>
SHOUT OUT TO OUR AFRAM MEMBERS FROM LOCALS 32BJ, 221, 722, 925, 26, 521, AND OUR NEWEST MEMBERS IN THE SOUTHERN REGION – FLORIDA & LOUISIANA!
WANT TO ORGANIZE AN AFRAM CHAPTER? Here’s a step-by-step template to help get you started!
Step 1 (Before the Meeting)
- Membership in the National AFRAM Caucus is required. Any member can initiate the meeting.
- Secure a meeting place
- Post and distribute a written notice two weeks prior to the meeting. The notice should include an agenda, announce the election of officers, and identify a contact person.
- Confirm attendance of perspective participants three days prior to the meeting
- Keep a contact log of everyone telephoned.
- Choose refreshments to be served
Step 2 (During Meeting)
- Make sure a sign-in sheet is available. Include contact phone numbers and
- Ask someone to take the minutes
- Conduct the elections of Officers and Board Members
- Vote to become a part of the Local’s Civil and Human Rights Committee or
to remain autonomous
- Vote on a monthly meeting date, time and place, Example: The AFRAM
meeting will be held on the second Wednesday of each month at 7 pm at the
- Discuss organizing strategies to recruit new members.
- Prior to ending the meeting collect the sign-in sheet. Make sure it is
completed and contains all the requested information.
Step 3 Step 3 (After the meeting)
- Send a copy of the agenda to the National Secretary and Regional President. The
minutes should include a list of the officers, board members and regular
- Circulate information about your new AFRAM chapter and start recruiting
- Plan fundraisers to provide financial assistance in running the local chapter and to assist at least five members to the National and Regional Conferences.
- Elect at least four officers and five more board members. Keep the total
numbers of the total officers uneven. In the event a tie exists, the President
or Chairperson votes to break the tie.
- Decide if the newly created AFRAM Chapter will be under the Civil and
Human Rights committee within the Local or remain automatons. If the
AFRAM chapter is under the Civil and Human Rights committee, all
decisions will require the approval from the Local’s Executive Board.
For Full instructions for “Organizing a Chapter” – click here
(**Please note that this template will be addressed for updates and changes which will make the steps more conducive to present day.)